This is a historical post (as these events occurred almost two plus weeks ago), because what's done is done, but I like the thought a lot and it has been rolling around in my brain since then. Damn I gotta be more motivated.
So things went very poorly and then very well on Friday night and into Saturday midday. We (C, Rh, and I) met up after they (C & Rh) had been drinking since just after work. About 7:15, C called and asked me to join them. She was already kinda tipsy after several beers. A couple of hours (and a three-for-one and a couple) later, C made some stupid offhand comment about being single whilst in Minneapolis and hooking up with RF, an ex who is also a really good friend now.
Frankly, it pissed me off. I was actively trying to make an effort to not be single and I was in love with her, for crap's sake. Why the hell would I be interested in fooling around with ex-girlfriends if I'm trying to make things better with her?
So, I left. It wasn't just her saying something stupid. I did have to work at midnight, but that was a convenient excuse to get the fuck out of Dodge before I said something extremely idiotic. Also, Rh kinda irritates the hell out of me.
So, 11:35 rolls around, and she calls again, crying her brains out. My first thought is, "Fuck someone has died." No such luck. She lost her cellphone in the cab.
Pardon me?
Yeah. Obviously, that isn't the only foolishness floating around in her mind. She's drunk as a skunk and feeling depressed about her and I. Of course, none of this comes out in the phone, but in the conversations after I go over. I can't actually work that night from my place for some fun technical reasons (if you're really that interested, just ask), so I went to console her. Yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for a crying woman.
Needless to say, after many tears, I ended up sleeping next to her (no, not with her). During the course of the night and the next morning, we made out. A lot. The next couple of days, we felt better about each other than we had in a long time. That simple physical contact did wonders for our relationship, at least for a couple of days.
Lesson learned? Making out with (or sleeping with) the person you're in a relationship with when the two of you are having problems is like drinking alone or getting so baked you can't feel your eyelids. It is an expeditious method of covering up the wounds, but not actually treating them. The only way we could ever get back together is if she and I sit down and talk about what is really bothering her and I about each other.
But that's another post entirely.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment